Revise Your Writing
In this 1-week online course, determine exactly where to begin your revision in the way that works best for you. Get immediately to work on polishing your draft, using a revision checklist designed uniquely for you.
In this 1-week online course, determine exactly where to begin your revision in the way that works best for you.
Get immediately to work on polishing your draft, using a revision checklist designed uniquely for you.
Finishing a rough draft feels exhilarating ... take some time to celebrate your accomplishment!
Once you've thoroughly celebrated your writing success, it's not uncommon to start feeling overwhelmed about what comes next.
Do any of these problems sound familiar?
This draft is a mess! How do I know what to do next?
I know I have to revise, but where do I even begin?
I have no idea where to start!
Revise Your Writing shows you exactly where to begin your revision in the way that works best for you.
No more hesitation, procrastination or feeling overwhelmed.
Get immediately to work on polishing your draft, using a REVISION CHECKLIST designed uniquely for you.
As soon as you enroll, you can begin whenever you wish and participate at any time, when it's most convenient.
No worries about scheduling, or living in different time zones.
Ready to get started right this minute?
Click on the blue ENROLL button to begin.
What You Will Learn
By the time you've finished this one-week course, you will have:
- Explored a variety of approaches to beginning your revision;
- Determined which approach (or approaches) works best for you;
- Created your own revision system checklist; and
- Started to revise your draft.
By completing this course, you will develop the necessary skills to immediately and confidently know where to begin revising all your future drafts.
Can't I Learn This Material on My Own?
Sure you can. That's what the internet, craft books and MFA programs are for. The difference is I've already done all the heavy lifting for you:
- I've curated all the best resources out there so you don't have to waste valuable time sorting through vast quantities of information;
- I've designed the curriculum to ensure you enjoy every simple, yet rigorous, lesson;
- I've studied countless craft books and reviewed hundreds of manuscripts over many years, and have selected only the most critical lessons you need to learn to vastly improve your writing; and
- I've made sure that within each course you get to apply the lessons to your own work, so what you learn will benefit you not only now, but will also stick with you for the rest of your writing life.
This 1-week course begins as soon as you enroll.
When the week is up, you’ll still have lifetime access to the course, so if you need to revisit something, you can.
The entire week's content – text, audio, video, downloadable documents and discussions – will be immediately available so you can work at your own pace.
The course is asynchronous, which means you can participate at any time you wish, when it's convenient for you! No worries about scheduling, or living in different time zones.
About Your Guide
I’m Joan Dempsey. I’m a published writer and teacher of writing with advanced degrees in both from Antioch University Los Angeles. Since 2000, I have been reviewing and editing manuscripts for published and emerging writers of fiction and creative non-fiction.
I believe that every writer can learn how to create valuable, publishable work. Is it easy? No. But is it possible? Yes! My job is to help you master the craft of writing.
The Online Platform
This course takes place online, through your computer, laptop or tablet. Our online home is hosted by a terrific small company called Ruzuku. The platform has a clean look and simple interface that users have reported is easy to navigate for even the least experienced user. Ruzuku offers friendly and timely online support and Joan can also answer your questions.
Here's how to enroll in this 1-week, self-paced course, which begins whenever you want to start once you've completed the enrollment process:
1. Click on the orange button of your choice below and fill out the registration form.
2. You'll be redirected to a thank you page that gives you further instructions about how to complete your enrollment into the Ruzuku online learning environment.
3. You're in! Check your email for a welcome message from Joan, and begin to Revise Your Writing!